For the Ohio River Bridges Project, Louisville and Southern Indiana will face road closures and interstates. The two parts include Downtown crossing and East End crossing. The Downtown crossing includes the construction of a new bridge for northbound Interstate 65, renovation and reconfiguration of the Kennedy Bridge to carry southbound I-65 and rebuilding of downtown interchanges in Louisville and Jeffersonville. In the East End crossing a new bridge and approaches that is eight miles upriver is being constructed to connect the Gene Snyder Freeway in Kentucky with the Lee Hamilton Highway in Southern Indiana.
Due to work underway the Adams Street from Campbell Street to Cabel Street will be closed through March 24, and only the local traffic will have the access. Besides, the Witherspoon Street from River Road to Adams Street will be also be closed through March 24. The left lane of Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street will be closed through April 1. The recent and upcoming road closures are given below:
- The ramp from Story Avenue to westbound Interstate 64 was close overnight Monday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- One lane of westbound I-64 from Mellwood Avenue to the Interstate 65 ramp was close overnight Monday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- One lane of the ramp from southbound Interstate 71 to I-65 closed overnight Monday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Liberty Street from Preston Street to Floyd Street was also close overnight Monday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The ramp from eastbound I-64 to northbound I-71 was close overnight Tuesday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- One lane of northbound I-71 from Frankfort Avenue to 1,000 feet east of Frankfort Avenue was close overnight Tuesday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- One lane of southbound I-65 from the Kennedy Bridge to the Jefferson Street exit will close overnight Wednesday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street will close overnight Wednesday, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Rolling closings are expected project-wide Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street will be closed from 7 p.m. Thursday through 5 a.m. Sunday.
- Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Preston Street will be closed from 7 p.m. Thursday through 5 a.m. Sunday.
Starting next Sunday
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street will close overnight March 23-30, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day.
- Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Preston Street will close overnight March 23-30, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day.
Current road closures in Kentucky
- The ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South is closed through spring 2016.
- The right lane of I-65 South from the Jefferson Street ramp to Muhammad Ali Boulevard is closed through 2016.
Current road closures in Indiana
- Lane restrictions are in place on the Indiana approach to the Clark Memorial Bridge for the next several weeks.
- Missouri Avenue is closed between Court Avenue and South Clark Boulevard until July.
- Broadway Street in Jeffersonville is closed permanently from Court Avenue to Sixth Street, including the Sixth Street ramp to I-65 North.
- Seventh Street in Jeffersonville is closed permanently from Missouri Avenue to Broadway Street.
- VFW Boulevard in Jeffersonville is closed permanently from Seventh Street to Ninth Street.
- U.S. 31 South in Jeffersonville just south of Stansifer Avenue is reduced to one lane.
- Northbound Port Road traffic is transferred for a year to a portion of the present southbound lanes near the Ind. 265 and Ind. 62 interchange.
- The westbound lanes of Ind. 265 near Ind. 62 are transferred through March to a portion of the eastbound lanes.
- The ramp from northbound Ind. 62 to westbound Ind. 265 has a slight diversion through March at the end of the ramp to enter I-265.
East End blasting
Blasting for a tunnel leading to the new bridge will continue and the traffic will be stopped for five to 20 minutes on Ky. 841 between Wolf Pen Branch Road and U.S. 42 and on U.S. 42 between Wolf Pen Branch Road and Bridgepointe Boulevard on Monday-Friday at 11:30 a.m. and 2:15 p.m and on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Blasting for the bridge is expected between the Ohio River and Old Salem Road near Utica at 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m from Monday-Friday and the traffic will not be stopped for the blasts.